Powerful Potential uses a targeted approach to review and evaluate current Organizational Processes to ensure that they are still serving their intended purpose for the Organization. Edwards Deming, a renowned scientist who helped the Japanese to greatly improve their product quality after World War II, says, "85% of the problems in an Organization come from the way their processes operate." Most processes are functioning in their current state because they simply evolved that way.
One of our clients had an order fulfillment process that was taking 3 days for one of their products to go from one side of their warehouse to the other to be shipped. When they looked at the process, they found that it took 144 steps to complete the process. A cross-functional team reduced the process to less than 40 steps, resulting in the ability to ship product on the same day it was ordered.
Powerful Potential uses a nine-step method to evaluate and improve Organization processes:
- Identify the desired output from this process.
- Identify the customers for that output.
- Understand what the customer's requirements are for the desired output.
- Develop supplier specifications to ensure that the customer's needs are met.
- Flowchart the current process that is being used.
- Take measurements at various points in the existing process to determine the viability of the output.
- Determine if the current process is capable of producing the desired output.
- Revise/improve the process, if necessary.
- Recycle - continuously evaluate opportunities to improve the process.
Human Resource Processes
Bob has over 20 years of experience in the Human Resources field. He has helped businesses to develop and implement Human Resources processes from the ground up including:
- New employee orientation
- Employee development
- Recognition and Reward
- Performance Management
- Recruiting, and many others
We'll be happy to discuss your specific needs for improving Human Resource Processes.